Readings are assigned for particular sessions.
1. Primal Leadership: Learning to Lead with Emotional Intelligence, Goleman, Boyatzis, McKee, HBS Press, 2002.
3. Fill All Things: The Dynamics of Spirituality in the Parish Church, Robert A. Gallagher 2008, Ascension Press (read all with focus on understanding the four core frameworks and material on Pages 15 – 16, 50 – 51, 107 – 121, 142 – 156, 205 - 206
4. In Your Holy Spirit: Shaping the Parish Through Spiritual Practice, Robert A. Gallagher 2011, Ascension Press
6. Congregational Leadership in Anxious Times, Alban, 2006, Peter L. Steinke
7. Seeking God: The Way of St. Benedict, Esther de Wall, Liturgical Press. (Read chapters 2-5)
8. The Nearness of God: Parish Ministry as Spiritual Practice, Julia Gatta, Morehouse Publ, 2010.
9. Pastoral Theology: A Reorientation, Martin Thornton, SPCK, 1961 Available from he Episcopal Bookstore in Seattle. [Was also issued by Cowley as The Heart of the Parish: Theology of the Remnant, 1989.] Chapters 2 through 8 and 18 through 22.
10. The Corporate Culture: Survival Guide, Edgar Schein, Jossey – Bass, San Francisco, 1999. Preface, Chapters 1 – 4 and 9.
11. Interventions: Methods and Processes for Building Healthier Parishes, Michelle Heyne & Robert Gallagher, Ascension Press, 2014
Vol 1 Contents: Theology of the Parish Church, Intervention Considerations, First Interventions, Congregational Options
Vol 2 Contents: Shaping the Parish through Spiritual Practice, the Parish as a System, Stages of Development Models, Covert Processes, Congregational Development and the Diocese
NOTE: Not be available until 2014. A PDF will be made available to participants with a draft of the sections needed for work on the developmental initiatives (interventions/projects).
12. Booklets from Consulting Psychologist Press (CPP).
- Introduction to Type and Emotional Intelligence, Roger R. Pearman, CPP
- In the Grip: Understanding Type, Stress and the Inferior Function, Naomi L. Quenk, CPP
- Introduction to Type and Conflict, Killen & Murphy , CPP
- Introduction to the FIRO-B Instrument, Waterman and Rogers, CPP
The most direct sources for the readings